Monday 21 January 2013

Shared from VINE Face Book page Friday 18.01.13



At 18 months I took my son for his shots. Something in my gut said "don't do it", but I listened to everyone else. You stay at the clinic for some time after the shots to be sure nothing bad happens. Everything seemed fine. We went home.

...Shortly after getting home I put him in his high chair for lunch. He was quieter than normal. For the next hour I watched him change. He went from being my bright-eyed, smiling, starting-to-talk baby to a zombie. He didn't respond the same. He didn't make eye contact any more. The spark vanished. My son was not the same.

He has Autism. Early intervention has made a big difference for my son, who is now 5. He makes eye contact again and has learned to verbally express himself. Thank God his case is not severe. Thank God he is affectionate and social. He is smart and beautiful. We have certain challanges but we are working to overcome them. I believe his future is bright.

I believe that there is something in the shots that can trigger something in certain people. No two people are the same. To say to someone that there is no risk is thoughtless. My son if proof. He changed in a short period of time shortly after being injected. You cannot tell me there is no link. If there was no risk they wouldn't tell you to stick around after injecting your child.
The main thing I want people to hear from me...if your gut tells you something listen to it! I don't want you to live with the guilt that haunts me.

No comments:

Post a Comment